Exchange to Macao driving license from foreign license
|Exchange to Macao driving license from foreign license|
|Service Provider:||Transport Bureau(DSAT)|
|Other Entity / Agency:||N/A|
|Application Location:||Reception Area of the Transport Bureau(China Plaza): Avenida da Praia Grande, No. 762-804, China Plaza, 2 Andar, Macau|
|Office Hours:||Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm (noon as usual)|
|Introduction (Service Coverage):||N/A|
|Enquiry Methods:||Transport Affairs Hotline: 8866 6363|
|Target Groups and Application Eligibility:||Valid foreign driving license holders who intend to exchange for the Macao driving license|
- Mod. No. 3A (available at the Service Counters of the Transport Bureau or download from the Transport Bureau website)
- Mod. No. 011/DLC (available at the Service Counters of the Transport Bureau or download from the Transport Bureau website)
- Original copy of the driver’s medical certificate
- Two photocopies of the valid foreign driving license or original copy of the valid foreign driving license (if it is obliged by the competent authority)
- One distinct photocopy of the Macao SAR Resident Identity Card
- Two 1.5 inches recent color photos (with white background)
|Document must be presented:|
- To show the original copy of the valid foreign driving license
- To show the original copy of the Macao SAR Resident Identity Card
|Charges (or Taxes):||MOP $1,000|
Note: An additional renewal fee of Mop 200 will be paid if the validity of the foreign driving license is within 6 months
Fee for the form: Free of charge
Stamp Duty: No stamp duty
|Deposit:||No deposit necessary|
- Application for the exchange to Macao driving license from foreign license must be made according to the “Law of Road Traffic” and “Administrative Regulations”. (Person with a foreign driving license can apply for the direct exchange of foreign driving license to Macao driving license in the Transport Bureau from the day that he or she resides in Macao SAR or within one year upon the date of his or her first arrival to Macao SAR)
- Application is not accepted if the foreign driving license has been damaged, invalid, lost or stolen.
- The foreign driving license must be valid, and application can be applied by the holder or the authorized person granted by the holder. The authorized person should submit the power of attorney signed by the holder of the foreign driving license, and which should be certified by the Notary Office under Macao Legal Affairs Bureau, or the Embassy or Consulate of the People’s Republic of China. Besides, all necessary documents are required and the original copy of the valid identification documents of the authorized person must be shown.
- Certification of the foreign driving license issued by the competent authority should be written in one of the official languages of Macao SAR.
- If the foreign driving license is not written in Chinese, Portuguese, English and French, a translation of one of the official languages of Macao SAR must be attached.
- In some circumstances, a written consent should be filled by the applicant for the disclosure of the information of the foreign driving license.
- If holder of Portuguese driving license applies for the exchange of Macao driving license, original copy of the Portuguese driving license must be surrendered.
- Macao driving license holder must submit his or her original copy of the Macao driving license. If the validity of the Macao driving license is within six months or expired, holder must first renew the driving license before applying for the exchange of Macao driving license.
- The medical certificate of the driver must specify all the categories that he or she can drive.
- Holders of Philippine and Taiwanese driving licenses are required to submit the proof of stay for at least six months in the related countries or regions.
|Forms:||Mod. No. 3A|
Mod. No. 011/DLC
The driver’s medical certificate
Launch Date: 2012-05-09 15:36:02
Number of clicks: 1291
"Chinese and Portuguese are the official languages of Macao, the English version of the web site is the translation from the Chinese originals and is provided for reference only."